This recipe is gluten and lactose free, but it does contain peanuts.
1 cup cooked quinoa
500g hard tofu
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced capsicum
3/4 cup diced onion
4 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp sage
1 tsp chili or cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lemon ( optional)
Smoked Salmon and Spinach Cake
10 min + 35 min in 175°C oven
1/2 bunch dill
100 ml milk
1/3 tub light sour cream
Pepper to taste
200g smoked salmon
5 min + 15 min in 200°C (serves 4-8 people)
40-80g soft goats cheese
4-8 slices figs
250g rocket leaves
Nothing tastes better than ice tea on a hot day when you need to pick up your energy. I use a little bit of apple juice as a sweetener.
2 Tbsp green tea/peach tea (or use your favourite tea )
2 1/2 cups boiling water.
1 cup apple juice (or juice of your choice)
1/2 sliced lemon, peach or strawberries.
1. Place tea in the tea infuser. Make the tea in a big jug, pouring water over tea and let sit for 5 min.
2. Add juice and sliced fruit.
3. Cover and place in the fridge for an hour until chilled or add ice to speed up the process.
TIP: If you like it sweeter, just add some more juice.
1 small bunch dill
1/2 cup grated cheese (L)
1 tin of tuna
1 tub light sourcream (L)
200g rocket leaves
Sourdough bread (G)
- Boil eggs for 8 minutes.
- Cut the top of the capsicums (put them to one side)and deseed.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Peel and finely chop the onion and coarsely cut the dill. Place in a bowl.
- Peel and chop the 3 eggs into small pieces,. Add these along with the grated cheese and sour cream to the bowl of vegies.
- Drain tuna, add to the bowl and mix.
- Spoon the tuna mix into the capsicums. Put the tops back on the capsicums and place in the fridge.
- Salad: Rinse the rocket leaves and dice the tomatoes. Place in a salad bowl.
- Peel, core and dice the avocados and add to the salad bowl. Juice the lemon over the salad and gently toss.
- Take the now chilled capsicums out of the fridge, slice and serve with bread and salad.
TIP: Can also be cooked in the oven.
1 packet ricenoodles
1 red capsicum
Optional 1 small head broccoli
1 tbs olive oil
1 p firm tofu
- Cook noodles following the instructions on packet.
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Core and dice capsicum. (Optional: cut broccoli into florets) and steam for 6 min.
- Dice tofu, cut coriander, add oil to a pan and cook with sunflower seeds for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place ingredients in separate trays.
- Boil water in a saucepan. Take off stove and place at the table. Use a tongue to dip ricepaper sheet into water quickly and place on plate. Add desired ingredients and top with chili sauce.
- Fold like a parcel and eat with your hands.
800g butternut pumpkin
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
120g mixed salad leaves
100g baby spinach leaves
1 packet goat feta (L)
100g semidried/sundried tomato strips
1 jar black olives
4 bread rolls (G)
Optional: 100g cashews nuts (N)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and cut pumpkin into small pieces and brush with olive oil. Place on a greased oven tray and leave to bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Rinse salad and spinach leaves. Drain and place in a salad bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese and add to salad leaves together with sundried tomatoes and black olives.
- Optional: Toast cashew nuts lightly in oil in a pan for a couple of minutes.
- If you like warm rolls, place them in the oven for a couple of minutes. Add warm pumpkin and cashew nuts to salad. Serve with bread rolls.