Salad: 100g mixed salad leaves
Half a small red cabbage
1 handful of almonds
30g butter or margarine
2 Tbsp flour
2/3 cup of milk
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Peel and dice onions and peel and crush garlic. Cook in the pan in olive oil until transparent.
3. Add spinach and crumbled cheese, eggs and pepper. Combine well.
4. Place a layer of spinach in a greased oven-proof dish. Cover with a layer of lasagna sheet. Repeat, alternating spinach and lasagna, and finishing with a layer of spinach.
5. Optional: If using sauce, melt butter in a pan, and add flour. Gradually whisk in milk until it thickens (Note: make sure the top layer is a lasagne sheet if using the sauce). Pour evenly over lasagne.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 min.
6. Salad: Rinse the salad leaves and place in a salad bowl. Grate the cabbage or slice it finely and chop almonds in half. Peel, core and slice avocado. Add the cabbage, almonds and avocado to the salad and mix well. Serve salad with lasagna.
This Egg and Caviar Dip is a great starter, TV dip, or for when you want to bring a dip dish to a dinner party. It’s also a nice Friday evening snack with a glass of wine or a beer.
50g jar black or red caviar
60ml sourcream light or sour supreme (dairy free alternative to sourcream)
2 Tbsp. chopped chives
1 Tbsp. margarine or butter
Pepper to taste
Pumpernickel bread, rye bread or rice crackers
1 tomato or half a punnet of cherry tomatoes
1. Cook 2 eggs for 8 min.
2. Place sourcream in a bowl. Mix chopped chives with sourcream.
3. Peel and mash eggs with butter. Add pepper to taste.
4. Add the ingredients in layers. First, empty the caviar in a 8cm bowl. Press gently. Top with the sourcream mix, and finally, add the egg mixture.
6. Turn the cup upside down onto a plate. Gently go around the outside of the mix with a wooden knife to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bowl.
7. Serve with bread, rice crackers, some cherry tomatoes or a sliced tomato.