Happy Christmas! Here’s a recipe for an excellent festive dessert.
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 Tbsp. honey
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup gojiberries
1/2 cup toasted cashew nuts
Optional: 2 pinches of salt
1. Blend dates and oil until sticky toffee texture. Place in the fridge for 15 min. Roll into
2. Melt oil, cocoa and honey in a saucepan, mix well.
3. Pour into a small tray.
4. Mix coconut, gojiberries and cashew nuts in a bowl.
5. Add the balls and the dry ingredients into the tray and mix well. Place in the fridge. Cut into pieces, and it’s ready to eat!
30 Mins 500g quinoa
2 cloves garlic
2cm fresh ginger
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
400g tin crushed tomatoes
400ml tin coconut milk
200g spinach leaves
½ cup cashew nuts (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1x 375g packet of tofu
60g bunch of coriander
1. Cook quinoa following instructions on the package.
2. Peel onion, garlic and ginger and cut finely. Let simmer in oil in a pan for 5 min.
3. Add tomatoes, coconut and spinach. Let simmer for another 5 min.
4. Peel and core mango. Cut mango and tofu into cubes. Add to the pan with the cashews. Cook for a couple of minutes and serve with cut coriander.
Prep 15 min + 15 min in 225°C oven 100g butter
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup flour
2 Cups of cut rhubarb (app. 8 stalks)
1 Cup of frozen strawberries
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 Tbsp rice flour
1. Preheat oven to 225°C.
2. Cut butter into small pieces. Place in a bowl.
3 Add oats and flour and mix until grainy texture.
4. Grease a pie dish and add cut rhubarb and sliced strawberries. Mix well. Add flour.
5. Add sugar and grated ginger. Finally, spread the oats and flour mix on top. Bake in the oven for 15 min.
6. Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream.
TIP: For a gluten free alternative, replace flour with gluten free flour.
35 min 1 kilo chat potatoes
800g mackerel fillets
1 Tbsp. butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch dill Salad:
1 large avocado
30g Pumkin seeds
30g Sunflower seeds Dressing:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. vinager
1 Tbsp. mustard
1. Cook potatoes with salt and dill for 20 min.
2. Cook mackerel in a pan with butter for 10-15 min or until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place seeds in a pan and cook for a couple of minutes on high heat, stirring well.
4. Peel and grate carrots. Grate cabbage. Peel, core and dice avocado.
5. Place all vegetables in a salad bowl and add seeds.
6. Make the dressing.
7. Serve fish with potatoes, lemon and the salad.
100g sunflower seeds
125g goat cheese
1. Peel, core and slice avocados.
2. Chop tomatoes.
3. Roast sunflower seeds in saucepan for 5 min, stirring well.
4. Fill a saucepan with 1/4 water, bring to boil. Let simmer, and add vinegar. Crack an egg in a cup and gently pour into the water. Cook for 2 min.
5.Place spinach on a plate together with other vegetables. Add cheese and sunflower seeds. Last add eggs and season with black pepper.
It’s Winter now, which means the following fruits and veg are now at their best:
Apples, avocados, bananas, grapefruit, kiwifruit, lemons, mandarins, oranges, passionfruit, pears, rhubarb, quince, beetroot, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, fennel, leeks, olives, onions, parsnips, potatoes, pumpkin, spinach, swede, sweet potato.
This Stuffed Eggplant Roll can be served as both an entree and a main. I suggest you serve it with yoghurt and parsley.
1 1/2 cup quinoa
1 vegetable stock cube
1- 2 Tbsp olive oil
110g goat cheese
1 punnet cocktail tomatoes
Pepper to taste Optional. A small bunch (60g) parsley and 100g yoghurt
1. Cook quinoa in 2 cups of water and stock for 10-15 min until all water is absorbed.
2. Trim and slice eggplant thinly. Place in frying pan with olive oil. Cook for 5 min.
3. Peel carrots and cut into sticks. Steam for 7 min.
4. Slice olives, cut tomatoes in halves and crumble goat cheese. Add to quinoa and mix well. Season with pepper.
5. Place some carrot sticks on a plate, add the quinoa mix onto re eggplant and roll it up. Place on top of carrots.
6. Optional. Serve with a bit of yoghurt and some parsley.